Rock flower anemones DYING

I haven't given up!

The other nems are doing good *knock on wood*

Unfortunately the bleaching didn't only happen to the RFAs, all of the zoas and bubble tips were bleached too. They are recovering too albeit slower than the RFAs.

I think we are on the right track now at least.

RIP highlighter yellow and golden rainbow.
Glad some survived!

I know this is late but I Just read through this and was wondering if you ever checked your par readings? from experience I have had the more yellow, gold or rainbow rock flowers which I am told come from deeper water melt at anything above 80 par. I have many that will hide in rock crevices and shaded areas. Usually for me the red or green centered anemones seem to be the hardiest.
 
Glad some survived!

I know this is late but I Just read through this and was wondering if you ever checked your par readings? from experience I have had the more yellow, gold or rainbow rock flowers which I am told come from deeper water melt at anything above 80 par. I have many that will hide in rock crevices and shaded areas. Usually for me the red or green centered anemones seem to be the hardiest.

Possibly. both were in areas partially shaded by the rocks though :(
 
Are there any other tank mates that might be causing some stress or harm to the RFAs?

I’ve had a peppermint shrimp go rouge and start harming corals, including a beautiful small rock flower that I was unable to save. I didn’t understand what was going on until I caught him one night beating the crap out of one of my RFAs. It looked like he was drilling for oil in the rock flowers mouth.

I also caught the shrimp picking at my splatter hammer around the same time. I’d suggest checking your tank out at night to see if any villains are coming out after hours.
I wanted to add to this in hopes to help someone in the future. I also lost a rock flower after my peppermint shrimp started picking at it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything online or at my LFS to back up my suspicions as it was happening. Unfortunately, I lost the rock flower.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new