Rock flower babies

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First noticed a spawning event a couple weeks ago. I spotted these tuesday, and then last night the males spawned again. There are hundreds of them, and I assume more coming, if they're gonna keep spawning like this. :star-struck:

PXL_20231208_232839296.MP.jpg

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips for spawning? I’ve had a big group for nearly 2 years now and no spawn.

Feed them well, and make sure you have enough rock flowers that you’ll have at least some females and some males.

Also, in the fall and spring, keep an eye out around sundown in the days leading up to a full moon. And when you catch them spawning, make sure you turn off your return pumps for an hour or two, and leave your skimmer off over night.

Tuna Melt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a few of mine spawned two or three nights ago but you guys tell me. NYC had a big warm front come through followed by a day of storms. Humidity was 98% and the Tanks PH plummeted to 7.8 (usually 8.1-8.3). Then the warm front broke and it got cold again. I opened the windows to let the humidity out of the condo and the PH crept up. At dusk I observed this. I didn't turn off the pumps or skimmer though :/.... Next time I surly will.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a few of mine spawned two or three nights ago but you guys tell me. NYC had a big warm front come through followed by a day of storms. Humidity was 98% and the Tanks PH plummeted to 7.8 (usually 8.1-8.3). Then the warm front broke and it got cold again. I opened the windows to let the humidity out of the condo and the PH crept up. At dusk I observed this. I didn't turn off the pumps or skimmer though :/.... Next time I surly will.

I would ask the fish, it seems to have the best view! Definitely looks like spawning to me, congrats on capturing it on video.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back