Rock Flower buried itself

pochitafish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2025
Messages
35
Reaction score
13
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve made some mistakes and I understand that it’s going to happen but today I think I made my first one that left me with that “I should have just left it alone” type of thought, trying not to beat myself up over it, I just got my RFA this past Monday and I noticed it kinda of shriveling up into a small ball and I contacted my LFS and they let me know it was probably irritated with the sand and that I should just blow it off, so with a sand sifter I tried to do that but I wasn’t able to do much at all so I tried to get my finger as close as possible to it to remove it and then it completely just burrowed itself and from the surface level I can’t see it at all,






 
I’ve made some mistakes and I understand that it’s going to happen but today I think I made my first one that left me with that “I should have just left it alone” type of thought, trying not to beat myself up over it, I just got my RFA this past Monday and I noticed it kinda of shriveling up into a small ball and I contacted my LFS and they let me know it was probably irritated with the sand and that I should just blow it off, so with a sand sifter I tried to do that but I wasn’t able to do much at all so I tried to get my finger as close as possible to it to remove it and then it completely just burrowed itself and from the surface level I can’t see it at all,
Dig him up! he probably attached to the glass if the sand there is shallow enough and retracted. It's not like he intended to go into the sand, but he's not dead.

See if you can't dig him up and get him cleaned off. Maybe put him on a rock.
I can't keep anything like that because the water current is too much. Anything on my sand will get buried before too long. I have to do daily maintenance to avert that with my Micromussas and Favia, Gonis etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new