Rock Flower help

Dukeblue13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to this guy grey and in a ball. It seemed like he was competing with another rock flower for the same spot. Before I went to bed one side the tentacles would shrivel up that would touch the other rock flower. I put it in my frozen food dish so it wouldn’t just float all over. Throughout the day the foot began to become pink again and slowly puffing its tentacles back up. But now there are bubbles coming out of it. I’ve never seen anything like this before so main question, what is it doing? Lol. I plan to get a pvc end cap for it to settle in, I believe its foot is damaged too.

IMG_7149.jpeg IMG_7148.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Woke up to this guy grey and in a ball. It seemed like he was competing with another rock flower for the same spot. Before I went to bed one side the tentacles would shrivel up that would touch the other rock flower. I put it in my frozen food dish so it wouldn’t just float all over. Throughout the day the foot began to become pink again and slowly puffing its tentacles back up. But now there are bubbles coming out of it. I’ve never seen anything like this before so main question, what is it doing? Lol. I plan to get a pvc end cap for it to settle in, I believe its foot is damaged too.

IMG_7149.jpeg IMG_7148.jpeg
looks like its either expelling excess food or Zooxanthellae due to too much light. Assure light is moderate

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back