OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congradulations! :D

If it's any consoltation, the Stienhart Aquarium's breeding progrram with Acropora millipora has results from only about half the colonies.

Have you thought about turning off all the water pumps when they spawn for a couple days and just use air bubbles for circulation?
I have not decided to turn off the flow. It's got sps in there that needs the flow. I do however only have a Refugium as filtration and my flow is setup to try to keep food and what not, in the display, instead of going over the overflow. So I think I just accidentally set it up so they can spawn easily in this specific tank.
Thanks for the link though, I love stuff like that

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just too weird. After reading this thread today I come home and do my daily routine on the tanks. I then go to take a look at my flower nems and I'll be darned if there aren't two that look like a male and female and they spawn. I didn't get video but this is them.
20230906_185542.jpg

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got really Jealous! Lol
I have 12 RFA for 6 months already and have not seen any spawn. Perhaps there is something to trigger?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got really Jealous! Lol
I have 12 RFA for 6 months already and have not seen any spawn. Perhaps there is something to trigger?
I've kept RFA's for well over 20 years. I never saw them spawn, until I did one night. Now I see them doing it on a regular basis.

IMO, I have never directly fed any coral or nem in my tank, and they spawn quite regularly.

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept RFA's for well over 20 years. I never saw them spawn, until I did one night. Now I see them doing it on a regular basis.

IMO, I have never directly fed any coral or nem in my tank, and they spawn quite regularly.
What is your salinity at? or temperature?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than predation, the fry are quite delicate and likely into filters.
They have some on board food when just hatched, maybe 12 hours worth. But they need a food item that is soft enough like rotifers available at all times for at least 7-10 days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back