Rock flower vs Ricordea Yuma

greatzambesi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yuma keeps moving around the take. He will stay put for several days and then move. I don’t change flow or anything. I came home from work three days ago and he was cozied up to my rock flower anemone. I immediately moved them and the ricordea looks fine. My rock flower has looked bad ever since. This morning he has a brown spot on the top and he released from the rock. His mouth is still next to the brown spot.

IMG_4417.jpeg IMG_4416.jpeg
 
How did you move the rock flower, you didn't force it did you? Forcing it can damage it. They won't hurt or sting each other, even if they touch, one will just eventually move. I have plenty of both in my tank and they are all side by side. Its best to leave them alone and not touch them once they are established in the tank.

The pic is not clear and can't see what that spot is. Would you be able to turn off the blue lights and leave only the white lights on, so we can see better?
 
How did you move the rock flower, you didn't force it did you? Forcing it can damage it. They won't hurt or sting each other, even if they touch, one will just eventually move. I have plenty of both in my tank and they are all side by side. Its best to leave them alone and not touch them once they are established in the tank.

The pic is not clear and can't see what that spot is. Would you be able to turn off the blue lights and leave only the white lights on, so we can see better?
I moved the Yuma as it let go of where it was and moved with the current to the RFA. However, it’s been three days since they touched and the RFA let go of the rock this morning. He’s not doing well at all. LFS said it looks bacterial so I’m trying cipro. Guess we’ll see
 
ya thats a good idea, I don't think the ric could have done that.
 
It could just be a coincidence but he’s been in there for 8 months and doing great. When I went to the LFS, they had a RFA and a recorder touching with no problems. I set him up in a different container with aerator so I can dose for the next couple days. There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of info out there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new