Rock flowers keep dying

Musicrocx09

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2022
Messages
44
Reaction score
8
Location
Warren
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I’ve read online and on this site is that rock flowers are easy to care for. I don’t understand why my 3rd one is on its way out since I got them in December. I only have clownfish, cleanup crew and a diamond goby
 
From what I’ve read online and on this site is that rock flowers are easy to care for. I don’t understand why my 3rd one is on its way out since I got them in December. I only have clownfish, cleanup crew and a diamond goby
Params? Tank age?
 
what's in your clean up crew? I had RFA's disappear on me. One night I noticed peppermint shrimp picking on them. I think they were eating them. After I removed the peppermints, they stopped disappearing. RFA's are impossible to kill otherwise. I suspect it could be a predator.
 
The only thing I’ve seen kill a rock flower are freezing temperatures, a broken foot, or a peppermint shrimp. You might have a predator in your tank, likely a member of your clean up crew.

Make sure they get enough light (they can tolerate more than you might think), and target feed them once or twice every 1-2 weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new