Rock placement and stability?

peterthegamer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
411
Reaction score
36
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been adding a few pieces of LR to the tank and seems like it's kinda stable yet not sure if I should add more or less. Finally today I saw a one of the pieces shift an inch or two, wondering if I should reconsider, adding epoxy to hold it better.
Also should I add a blue or black background?
Don't mind the livestock right now, holding it for a new tank. IMG_20170110_012141.jpg
 
i would go with a black back round but thats just me... and if you don't feel comfortable with your rocks moving some epoxy or glue or reef welder won't hurt at all, it'll give you some piece of mind at least... i warn you epoxy may make the skimmer go crazy maybe try the reef welder stuff its a plastic and is inert meaning no crazy skimmer..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new