ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Went out today and got some limpets and made some cubes . The native fish love them and the hermits and prawns
26976E42-3173-4CCC-98D1-B5753E474E3B.jpeg
F5DC92BA-9481-420A-8987-BA122A5E0E6D.jpeg
B56685DC-B3AE-40E8-A495-B10D24DB1CB8.jpeg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_3962.jpeg
I’m a lover of books so I can’t help myself, I’ll start off the new year with this. Have any of y’all read it? Love to hear your thoughts, criticisms, and additions!
@Subsea he is your man on seaweed and. Everything in native and Natural environment set ups he has helped me out a few times great guy and he might show you his tank of sponges stunning and natural

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_3962.jpeg
I’m a lover of books so I can’t help myself, I’ll start off the new year with this. Have any of y’all read it? Love to hear your thoughts, criticisms, and additions!
I will check it out. I am more familiar with North Atlantic cold water ecosystems on the Maine Coast.

@907johnfish
Would you provide a link for book. It did not come up on Amazon search.

Also, show us your sponges. I have a fetish for SpongeBob.

Last edited:

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
tide pool ecosystem:
A single tide pool contains many food chains. Algae and other plants are eaten by plant-eating zooplankton; this plankton is eaten by larger, carnivorous plankton; these are eaten by a mussel, barnacle or other marine invertebrate; the mussel is then eaten by an ochre star, which may be eaten by a gull or a sea otter.

Unlike the Atlantic Coast or Gulf of Mexico, the Pacific Coast and Salish Sea is in a sweet spot for intertidal diversity that includes sponges, sea anemones, marine worms, mollucks (chitons, limpets, marine snails, nudibraches

907johnfish

View Badges
Reaction score
I will check it out. I am more familiar with North Atlantic cold water ecosystems on the Maine Coast.

@907johnfish
Would you provide a link for book. It did not come up on Amazon search.

Also, show us your sponges. I have a fetish for SpongeBob.
Here’s the link for ya!

I unfortunately don’t have any sponges. That would be amazing though!

We’re on opposite sides I live in the very North Pacific

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
tide pool ecosystem:
A single tide pool contains many food chains. Algae and other plants are eaten by plant-eating zooplankton; this plankton is eaten by larger, carnivorous plankton; these are eaten by a mussel, barnacle or other marine invertebrate; the mussel is then eaten by an ochre star, which may be eaten by a gull or a sea otter.

Unlike the Atlantic Coast or Gulf of Mexico, the Pacific Coast and Salish Sea is in a sweet spot for intertidal diversity that includes sponges, sea anemones, marine worms, mollucks (chitons, limpets, marine snails, nudibraches
The Atlantic coast is a bust. Here is directly across from Boynton inlet to the Atlantic. Just teaming with asphalt and concrete debris, broken glass, and whatever paraphernalia was left behind.
Some critters collected are dwarf planaxis, blue leg hermit, porcelain crab, amphipod, nerite.
It is interesting to me to see the progression of the blue leg hermit crabs. The smallest shell I have found them in is the dwarf Planaxis. From there they move out of the tiny house into a Cerith shell or other shell in size range. I do not know the life cycle of the crab or at what stage or how the first shell becomes acquired. Read some studies, either couldn’t find info or didn’t understand it.

IMG_2142.jpeg IMG_2141.jpeg IMG_2148.jpeg IMG_2149.jpeg IMG_2152.jpeg IMG_2151.jpeg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
The Atlantic coast is a bust. Here is directly across from Boynton inlet to the Atlantic. Just teaming with asphalt and concrete debris, broken glass, and whatever paraphernalia was left behind.
Some critters collected are dwarf planaxis, blue leg hermit, porcelain crab, amphipod, nerite.
It is interesting to me to see the progression of the blue leg hermit crabs. The smallest shell I have found them in is the dwarf Planaxis. From there they move out of the tiny house into a Cerith shell or other shell in size range. I do not know the life cycle of the crab or at what stage or how the first shell becomes acquired. Read some studies, either couldn’t find info or didn’t understand it.

IMG_2142.jpeg IMG_2141.jpeg IMG_2148.jpeg IMG_2149.jpeg IMG_2152.jpeg IMG_2151.jpeg
They are tiny but you can not complain
I got some cold water common hermits and slowly raised there temp upto 25c and introduce them to the tropical tank they are doing fine apart from the Blennys try and eat them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back