ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What Paul said...

I've never really seen it out on a menu. I am likely to make it for my birthday along with spetzle and braised red cabbage. Tbe gravy is a must too. Pan drippings thickened with ginger snaps.

Would recommend.
Googled it and sent the recipe to my wife!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You will find it in most German or Polish restaurants. It normally comes with dumplings and pickled red cabbage.
I’ll need to google German and Polish restaurants and check the menus. Thanks.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Good Morning Debra. Actually my back procedure is Tuesday so I am still walking like a blue legged hermit crab but feel like a jellyfish. Not a Portuguese Man O War, just a plain jellyfish.:oops:
We are at our Daughters house on top of a mountain in the middle of no where Vermont.

Now it's covered in snow. This is out the front window.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Good Morning Debra. Actually my back procedure is Tuesday so I am still walking like a blue legged hermit crab but feel like a jellyfish. Not a Portuguese Man O War, just a plain jellyfish.:oops:
We are at our Daughters house on top of a mountain in the middle of no where Vermont.

Now it's covered in snow. This is out the front window.

That’s just beautiful!! Hope your visit is wonderful with you’re family.
I know the bad back can wreck you up, 4 surgeries in my nerve damage makes me walk like a drunken old woman, thankfully my husband doesn’t run lol
Best to ya, my fish hero (even got husband to read your book: to see what I pratter on about lol)
Debra

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Something a bit different.
I bought a second hand 50g tank and stand because too many Anemones in a tiny nano 34litres . So I moved over the live rock filled it with natural sea water no sand just bare bottom. Anyway all set up and all is good hold on my wife says them anemones are stunning that can be my tank she is buying new lights ordering fish . Wait a minute I do all the maintenance and work and it’s your tank GREAT. She says you have a set up outside for your native tanks so it looks like the nem tank is my wife’s now . And if I had asked for new lights that would of been a big NO . How things are changing

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
(even got husband to read your book: to see what I pratter on about lol)
Debra
Thats great. If he doesn't fall asleep right after the Foreword my Daughter wrote, let me know how he likes (or hates) it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Maybe I will read it again.

The trip to our Daughters took 8 hours as it is in Nowheresville Vermont on top of a mountain a few miles up a dirt road about half an hour from what they call a town. Some of the stores there still have the hitching posts to tie your horse to. :oops:

We had to take a ferry across the Long Island Sound then drive for another 5 hours. My new car which is not even 2 weeks old has exactly 1,000 miles on it already and 6 lbs of mud. :anguished-face:

Muddy car.jpeg

Cows.jpeg

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
I bought a second hand 50g tank and stand because too many Anemones in a tiny nano 34litres . So I moved over the live rock filled it with natural sea water no sand just bare bottom. Anyway all set up and all is good hold on my wife says them anemones are stunning that can be my tank she is buying new lights ordering fish . Wait a minute I do all the maintenance and work and it’s your tank GREAT. She says you have a set up outside for your native tanks so it looks like the nem tank is my wife’s now . And if I had asked for new lights that would of been a big NO . How things are changing
as we were told on our wedding day, and my wife likes to remind me: "what's mine (she) is mine, and what's yours (me) is mine".

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m glad you and your wife share this hobby. My tank has been up and running for over two years and is in the most active room in the house. I don’t think my wife even knows we have a tank. The upside, she has no idea that I added a $275 dollar coral or if I upgrade or get an additional tank.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
I lost someone in my life on Saturday that I can never replace . So to all you reefers life is short and the people around you hold them close in a blink of an eye they can be gone .
This is a day of show your tanks off show me what makes you fellow reefers love the hobby and what makes you happy in life . Tropical marine tanks / cold water marine/ fresh water anything that makes you happy on a **** Monday morning also all your pets they are part of the family.You are a grate bunch of people.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I lost someone in my life on Saturday that I can never replace . So to all you reefers life is short and the people around you hold them close in a blink of an eye they can be gone
So True. Sorry for your loss. Live every day like it's your last!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back