Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20231031_071114553_HDR.jpg

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
ut uh, he is the most scared dog I have ever seen outside the home. His nickname is bunny because he hops, and looks like a sandpiper when running.
Inside the house, he is dominant over 3 others, two are 50lb + bully mutts.
His name is Kit, which was short for kitty lol

IMG_1526.jpeg
This is my rescue, he was 11 months old when we got him. His name is Duke, a name I got voted down 3 times previously but when I suggested it again my daughter chimed in that he looked like a Duke. Coming up on 4 years and over the past 4 weeks he has began to bark for the first time, weird.
C1A4D60F-978A-4A60-A689-5AEC9151E324.jpeg
8AEB465E-7269-45F8-96A9-0090477ECD72.jpeg

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
This is my rescue, he was 11 months old when we got him. His name is Duke, a name I got voted down 3 times previously but when I suggested it again my daughter chimed in that he looked like a Duke. Coming up on 4 years and over the past 4 weeks he has began to bark for the first time, weird.
C1A4D60F-978A-4A60-A689-5AEC9151E324.jpeg
8AEB465E-7269-45F8-96A9-0090477ECD72.jpeg
He looks like a Duke, wish our dogs didn’t bark, the newest pup doesn’t so much but she does terrorize the cats.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Cute lil guy, the baby isn’t bad either, just kidding. The baby is adorable.

The dog is an Airedale? That is the first dog I remember. We had a family girl named Daphne.
Thanks! They're both cute, and becoming friends. one of his favorite activities is watching the dog run.

It is an airedale. I grew up with German shepherds, but we wanted one that "doesn't shed". we evidently have a well-behaved one; I'd hate to see a poorly-behaved one if ours is good.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What’s everyone up to tell us about your tanks Dogs Cats Birds and everything else
These are my babies :) I rescued them 7 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3002.jpeg
    IMG_3002.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 17

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! They're both cute, and becoming friends. one of his favorite activities is watching the dog run.

It is an airedale. I grew up with German shepherds, but we wanted one that "doesn't shed". we evidently have a well-behaved one; I'd hate to see a poorly-behaved one if ours is good.
Nice, he will have a good companion. Soon they will be running together, pulling tails.

I really only remember the later years of the dogs life, other than glimpse fading moments. She only ever bit one person, ME. I was riding her back like a horse and she didn’t like it. Just another consequence of all the times my parents told me to stop doing something.
She was a good guard dog.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am going to pass you on to @Subsea he's the man when it comes to this subject. I know people tumble sea lettuce but I don't know about dragons breath

@PeterErc
@Nman

I have not successfully grown Halymenia dilitata. I have successfully grown Halymenia from warm GOM which grew from diver collected live rock.

In the confines of a refugium, I feel tumbling any seaweed is too much effort for the results.

RAS, Recirculating Aquaculture Systems, is the mainstay for commercial cultivation of seaweed on land, and tumble culture uses the shape of container and fluid mechanics to set up a vertical loop current whose inertia is energy efficient.

Tumble culture dramatically increases photosynthetic activity across all surfaces of seaweed as it tumbles, thereby doubling PAR input to seaweed with no increase in lighting energy.

Because of the billowing sails of Halymenia, I found it difficult to tumble without clogging up screens requiring frequent maintenance. My commercial seaweed of choice was Gracilaria Hayi.

I am going to pass you on to @Subsea he's the man when it comes to this subject. I know people tumble sea lettuce but I don't know about dragons breath

Last edited:

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have not successfully grown Halymenia dilitata. I have successfully grown Halymenia from warm GOM which grew from diver collected live rock.

In the confines of a refugium, I feel tumbling any seaweed is too much effort for the results.

RAS, Recirculating Aquaculture Systems, is the mainstay for commercial cultivation of seaweed on land, and tumble culture uses the shape of container and fluid mechanics to set up a vertical loop current whose inertia is energy efficient.

Tumble culture dramatically increases photosynthetic activity across all surfaces of seaweed as it tumbles, thereby doubling PAR input to seaweed with no increase in lighting energy.

Because of the billowing sails of Halymenia, I found it difficult to tumble without clogging up screens requiring frequent maintenance. My commercial seaweed of choice was Gracilaria Hayi.

Because you’ll mentioned rescue pets, Hunter is a Great Pyrenees and at 120lbs, Hunter adapted me 3 years ago when he started eating food scraps that I threw out from kitchen sink window.

image.jpg

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
@PeterErc
@Nman

Yes sir, here it is.

Thank you for the information
Because you’ll mentioned rescue pets, Hunter is a Great Pyrenees and at 120lbs, Hunter adapted me 3 years ago when he started eating food scraps that I threw out from kitchen sink window.

image.jpg
120lbs is a lot of dog, hope he is as peaceful as he looks in the pic.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Is the brown seaweed In last picture Sargasjm?
Since we had a talk my seaweed is looking healthy dosing concentrate I could not get the ammonia the same as yours over here only a £45 bottles so I have been holding off. Don't want to buy a bottle and it kills everything also what sea weed are you asking about the fluffy seaweed or the brown seaweed can you see the little butter fish in back centre of the picture. Temp set at 55f every thing looks good and healthy so thankyou with sorting the seaweed out for me . Ammonia product have you got a different brand that will be ok to use . Thanks again subsea

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back