Rock question

CaitlynAnne198

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I’ve been doing some research but very new to saltwater. I was gifted some rock that had been in a saltwater tank well over 10 years ago. It has been sitting in a basement up until now. My question is this, is it real rock? Or could it be artificial/manmade or something. Would it still be safe to put in a tank, and how can I clean them? It looks like it has some shell pieces and possibly bits or coral. The person I got it from doesn’t know. Thank you!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
That looks like real base rock. Not particularly porous, but can make a good foundation piece.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new