Rock structure help!

CarolineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this might be a dumb question, but how do you glue your rocks together if you're a noob and already have everything set up and had a collapse? Thank God my clowns weren't near it when it fell and they're the only thing in the tank right now.

20240225_092057.jpg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this might be a dumb question, but how do you glue your rocks together if you're a noob and already have everything set up and had a collapse? Thank God my clowns weren't near it when it fell and they're the only thing in the tank right now.

20240225_092057.jpg
In your case I'd use thick super glue gel and a 2 part epoxy. Glob of gel, glob of epoxy, glob of gel squish together and let it sit. You can do it all at once just plan it out and go to town.

OP
OP
C

CarolineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! It will set up in the water? Sorry if I sound ridiculous, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right so my fish have a stable safe home

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! It will set up in the water? Sorry if I sound ridiculous, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right so my fish have a stable safe home
yes. Both water cure. The super glue will activate faster and give the epoxy time to cure while holding your rocks better than just weight. With enough force you will be able to separate the rock even after curing but accidental bumps should not.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instant Ocean HoldFast Epoxy putty. The green stick. Works great!
I didnt comment on what kind to use. Thank you! I think the one I have now is 2 little fishes brand seems to work well. My rock structure was done with one of the dry methods. You will literally break the rock before the "weld" joint.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back