Rockflower anemone babies.

Keith_0011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2573.JPG

So I was lucky enough to have rock flower anemone babies. I believe there are 4 in the 2:00 to 2:30 range very close to the skirt of the anemone I am assuming is mom.
I hear a few stories about babies during shipping and a few people breeding them.
Anyone having regular success? What kind of tank and parameters do you have? I am interested in the continued health of the babies and continued breeding of the adults.

OP
OP
Keith_0011

Keith_0011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a better picture and or highlight them with some editing.

OP
OP
Keith_0011

Keith_0011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
babyanemone.jpeg

I see three here in the circle. A white one touching mom. A green one just behind the crab leg. A light red one just in front of the crab leg.

OP
OP
Keith_0011

Keith_0011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think they are about a month or so old now. I see 6 or 7 most days out and happy. Only moving very small distances. I grouped up these ones for an easy picture. I am surprised at the variety of color variation in them compared to the anemone I believe to be mom seen on the right.
IMG_2664.JPG

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to buy rock nem that surprised me with a baby shortly after I added her. The baby looks nothing like the mom so far and is still pretty small, but noticeably larger then when I first found him. She was in a tank with some high price tag nems so i am hoping one of them is the daddy;) I do nothing special but shoot some food his way every once in a while lol. Congrats on the new babies:)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back