OP
K

Kedron1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting concept. I would like to see more info on it, but the website is quite lacking.

I wonder how well it actually works, and how many washes you get out of it for a hundred bucks?
If you look up filter rings this type of filter has been around for years it's just starting to be looked at in the aquarium setting

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think there worth the $99 each
Maybe I am a idiot but I am going to give them a try. The 100 dollar price tag isn’t nice. I have 4 filter sock spots…which is even worse. 4 lines that come into the sump. Two of which have been diverted into a RedSea roller filter. In all Honesty I could get another Red Sea filter roller for the same price but the sock holder would be fairly worthless at that point . Currently it has been just using media cups for the last few years. Their website sucks and has jack for information. I guess I will be the test dummy. Lol…I will take donations for my reviews lol. Another big thing is that the filter rollers RedSea at least maintains itself and even removes the waste from the system. Yet, if I can get more filtration and it isn’t a dang nightmare. 50 percent goes into the RedSea roller and the other through the filter sock area.

Last edited:

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I am a idiot but I am going to give them a try. The 100 dollar price tag isn’t nice. I have 4 filter sock spots…which is even worse. 4 lines that come into the sump. Two of which have been diverted into a RedSea roller filter. In all Honesty I could get another Red Sea filter roller for the same price but the sock holder would be fairly worthless at that point . Currently it has been just using media cups for the last few years. Their website sucks and has jack for information. I guess I will be the test dummy. Lol…I will take donations for my reviews lol. Another big thing is that the filter rollers RedSea at least maintains itself and even removes the waste from the system. Yet, if I can get more filtration and it isn’t a dang nightmare. 50 percent goes into the RedSea roller and the other through the filter sock area.

Will be interested to know how they work for you. Thanks for taking one for the team! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are coming this Thursday...you guys are welcome to Venmo me 10 bucks once I write up a review on them. ROFL... I am honestly a little nervous about the whole thing. Are they going to suck? Loud? I have two of the 110 Micron and 2 of the 200 micron coming.

I have some serious questions that have not been answered also.
Can they been ran through the dishwasher?
Bleached?
Could you mix a 110 and a 200 to make a hybrid one?
How fast will they clog up?

The price point is the crappy part.

OP
OP
K

Kedron1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are coming this Thursday...you guys are welcome to Venmo me 10 bucks once I write up a review on them. ROFL... I am honestly a little nervous about the whole thing. Are they going to suck? Loud? I have two of the 110 Micron and 2 of the 200 micron coming.

I have some serious questions that have not been answered also.
Can they been ran through the dishwasher?
Bleached?
Could you mix a 110 and a 200 to make a hybrid one?
How fast will they clog up?

The price point is the crappy part.
I would love to know if they work because the ease of just rinsing them off and then back into the aquarium is better than washing Sox.
I can't wait for your review

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so two showed up today and I have to say I am not impressed so far.

Current Pump running - Vectra L2 - Mobius Ready DC Return Pump (3100 GPH) The Vectra is running at 75% speed and return lines are split between the Red Sea roller and the other into the Sock tray with 4 Sock slots.​

I two of the 200 micron in the sump now and they are not keeping up....
-Add that to the list of stuff they did not specify...What is the GPH they should handle?
If we consider 75% speed divided by 2 = 1162 @ most...(not real-world).
and it is overflowing into the tops. :-(

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef diapers in my 180g and love them. My systems run low nutrients so I run them till they overflow and toss them in the trash and pop in new ones. In my other system I use 200 micron mesh socks. The mesh I can rinse clean in about a minute. I used to use felt socks but got tired of having a bucket of dirty ones stinking up the basement while I was waiting to have enough to be worth running through the wash.
EDIT: dang I just looked at the price :astonished-face:

OP
OP
K

Kedron1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef diapers in my 180g and love them. My systems run low nutrients so I run them till they overflow and toss them in the trash and pop in new ones. In my other system I use 200 micron mesh socks. The mesh I can rinse clean in about a minute. I used to use felt socks but got tired of having a bucket of dirty ones stinking up the basement while I was waiting to have enough to be worth running through the wash.
Trickman2 had a video of them. So far I'm not sure they are worth it

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the price was painful but I thought if they work good then fine. I have 4x filter sock holders as you can see from my video. I find myself asking more questions then the company provided answer to.

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions:
  • Tightening and loosening.... how does it effect the flow?
  • Does the water go through the holes in the top?
  • Can they been ran through the dishwasher?
  • Bleaching okay?
  • Could you mix a 110 and a 200 to make a hybrid one?
  • How fast will they clog up?
  • Maximum flow per cartridge?
  • How long before they clog up?
  • What is filtered out of the water? Visual inspection (maybe clean in a bucket to see)
Please add to the list of questions you guys have.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back