Rocky's 280g Peninsula

Beautiful tank!
 
Oh man I've gone picyure crazy again. These are under the white LED's only the greens look a little brown under the whites but you can get a better idea of all the color in the tank without all the crazy blue from the LED's.

IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2674.jpg
IMG_2676.jpg
IMG_2677.jpg
IMG_2679.jpg
 
Beautiful set up. I love the simplicity
 
Really nice tank! I love peninsula style tanks. I am all about viewing a tank from as many ways as possible.

What is the reason that you run 2 different types of bio-pellets?
 
Really nice tank! I love peninsula style tanks. I am all about viewing a tank from as many ways as possible.

What is the reason that you run 2 different types of bio-pellets?
When I started this tank I wanted to try the NPX pellets but after a couple months I did not like them. I made my own reactors and had an extra so when I put the ecobak on the system I just daisy chained them. A few weeks went by and the tank looked better than any I've ever had and the PE and growth are great I was going to let the NPX waste away and not replenish them but honestly the success of this tank stability wise made me decide not to change anything. Anyway that was a long winded way of saying it was an accident that ended up working out ok.
 
Right on. Yeah, thats not the first time that has happened in this hobby. I saw someone do that with a light fixture once. It was supposed to be temporary, but after seeing how everything was doing, he is afraid to change it.
 
Great looking tank! What fish do you have in there?


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new