Rocky's 280g Peninsula

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get to see this tank in person, man it's unbelievable. Every time I see it, it amazes me over and over again. Wow!

Caspian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I had to write something as I'm very impressed with your journal as well the beautiful reef you have.. lots of credit to you..
Now you have achieved this what do you say about bio pallets? are you using any GFO's? will you try the all in one bio pallets?
Sorry if I'm asking to many questions just about to build a very large system and its hard to decide the right method... i was very going to try bio pallets after all the research but guys here made me change my mind as bio pallets will crash tanks at some point!

Thanks
Casipan

OP
OP
G

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself do not believe biopellets will crash a tank at some point my tanks have been running years with regular ecobak and that is all that I use. Thanks for your kind words and I will be posting updated pictures soon

Caspian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is very interesting, i guess its all becomes personal choice, but i do like the principal of it solid carbon dosing... i have done zeovit and had a success... maybe in my new built i have biopallets.. may i ask you a bit more question if i may! how would you spot the good and bad in biopallets as there are so many brands? do you use any GFO do remove the phosphates? or eco back does the job? what are your views on the all in one bio pallets which recently got released?

Also look forward to see some more pictures of your tank,

Thanks
Caspian

OP
OP
G

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use any gfo I have been very lucky with the original ecobak that it takes care of my phosphate and nitrates both. I have tried the other brands of bio pellets with out as good of success I have not tried the new all-in-one e ko back plus though I am sure if warner marine sticks to there track record it will be a good product as well

Caspian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool, well if ecobak manages the phosphates then there is no need for all in one... it seems they brought out the all in one due the pallets not being able to lower the phosphate as well as the nitrate, so most people were using GFO's with their bio pallets.. in the beginning of your thread you said you have 2 reactors is that still the case? are you using the reticulating reactor?

OP
OP
G

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a zeovit reactor nodded for pellets with 2 liters of ecobak I used to run other pellets as well but stopped a year ago with no noticeable difference. I also use 2 calcium reactors and dose monthly to keep up with calcium and alk demand.

OP
OP
G

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know several people that use ecobak and I have to say about half of them have 0 phosphates an the other half have to use gfo or another method of removing phosphate so for whatever reason it seems it depends on the tank on how well ecobak remove phosphate

Last edited:

Caspian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emm okay but end of the day you are feeding bacteria so what that tank should have to lower phosphate to 0!??! sorry uf u ask just in middle of a bg built and need to decide my path.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back