Rocky's 280g Peninsula

I myself do not believe biopellets will crash a tank at some point my tanks have been running years with regular ecobak and that is all that I use. Thanks for your kind words and I will be posting updated pictures soon
 
this is very interesting, i guess its all becomes personal choice, but i do like the principal of it solid carbon dosing... i have done zeovit and had a success... maybe in my new built i have biopallets.. may i ask you a bit more question if i may! how would you spot the good and bad in biopallets as there are so many brands? do you use any GFO do remove the phosphates? or eco back does the job? what are your views on the all in one bio pallets which recently got released?

Also look forward to see some more pictures of your tank,

Thanks
Caspian
 
I don't use any gfo I have been very lucky with the original ecobak that it takes care of my phosphate and nitrates both. I have tried the other brands of bio pellets with out as good of success I have not tried the new all-in-one e ko back plus though I am sure if warner marine sticks to there track record it will be a good product as well
 
cool, well if ecobak manages the phosphates then there is no need for all in one... it seems they brought out the all in one due the pallets not being able to lower the phosphate as well as the nitrate, so most people were using GFO's with their bio pallets.. in the beginning of your thread you said you have 2 reactors is that still the case? are you using the reticulating reactor?
 
I use a zeovit reactor nodded for pellets with 2 liters of ecobak I used to run other pellets as well but stopped a year ago with no noticeable difference. I also use 2 calcium reactors and dose monthly to keep up with calcium and alk demand.
 
I know several people that use ecobak and I have to say about half of them have 0 phosphates an the other half have to use gfo or another method of removing phosphate so for whatever reason it seems it depends on the tank on how well ecobak remove phosphate
 
Last edited:
emm okay but end of the day you are feeding bacteria so what that tank should have to lower phosphate to 0!??! sorry uf u ask just in middle of a bg built and need to decide my path.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new