Rocky's 280g Peninsula

I remember from your totm thread, you had a green spot puffer in your tank (normally brackish)... do you still have them in your reef tank? I've always considered adding them to my reef, but am nervous about them tolerating the higher salinity & nipping at my lps... Would love to hear about your experience!!!
 
I remember from your totm thread, you had a green spot puffer in your tank (normally brackish)... do you still have them in your reef tank? I've always considered adding them to my reef, but am nervous about them tolerating the higher salinity & nipping at my lps... Would love to hear about your experience!!!
I had those guys for about a year and a half then looked in the aquarium one day and they were gone. I don't know what happened to them I have a tendency to lose tiny fish like that by them just disappearing. I suspect it is one of the large red serpent stars that I have getting ahold of them.
 
I had those guys for about a year and a half then looked in the aquarium one day and they were gone. I don't know what happened to them I have a tendency to lose tiny fish like that by them just disappearing. I suspect it is one of the large red serpent stars that I have getting ahold of them.

That's interesting. Maybe my red serpant is the cause of my dispars coming up missing.

Jackie
 
Great tank!
I was wondering how you handle flow for the peninsula. I see you have a couple powerheads and your return lines. Anything special you're doing to get good flow and coral growth having the flow come from only one side of the tank?
 
Great tank!
I was wondering how you handle flow for the peninsula. I see you have a couple powerheads and your return lines. Anything special you're doing to get good flow and coral growth having the flow come from only one side of the tank?
I have a closed loop system running off of a reefflow barracuda. both the drains and the returns of the closed-loop are hidden in the rock work on the bottom of the tank.
 
We need more pics!
 
I get to see this tank in person, man it's unbelievable. Every time I see it, it amazes me over and over again. Wow!
 
Hi,
I had to write something as I'm very impressed with your journal as well the beautiful reef you have.. lots of credit to you..
Now you have achieved this what do you say about bio pallets? are you using any GFO's? will you try the all in one bio pallets?
Sorry if I'm asking to many questions just about to build a very large system and its hard to decide the right method... i was very going to try bio pallets after all the research but guys here made me change my mind as bio pallets will crash tanks at some point!

Thanks
Casipan
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new