RODI filter replacement

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm about to replace all my filters. I have a brs 4 stage. It's there certain way to replace the filters? Should I rinse the carbon block or flush the whole system for a while? TIA

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always let mine run for about 30 mins after putting all new filters in to clean out the membrane

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, very important, rinse the carbon without the membrane or resin in place, 5-10mins should be plenty, if replacing the membrane, they come with a preservative on them, they need an hour of running, then discard the water, again without the resin in place.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, very important, rinse the carbon without the membrane or resin in place, 5-10mins should be plenty, if replacing the membrane, they come with a preservative on them, they need an hour of running, then discard the water, again without the resin in place.
I like to rinse the pre filters for 20 minutes to get all of the fine particles out, so not to clog the DI.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to replace all my filters. I have a brs 4 stage. It's there certain way to replace the filters? Should I rinse the carbon block or flush the whole system for a while? TIA
If you're replacing the carbon filter you need to bypass the RO membrane otherwise you will clog it.
If you don't have a valve, disonnect the connection from the carbon filter to the membrane and let it flush for 10 mins or so, then reconnect to the membrane.

Then you can replace the DI resin if needed and there is no need to flush that.

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I take all the filters out of the canisters, put the new carbon block in and run the water for a while, put the sediment and ro Membrane in and run it for a while, and then put di resin in and be good to go?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I take all the filters out of the canisters, put the new carbon block in and run the water for a while, put the sediment and ro Membrane in and run it for a while, and then put di resin in and be good to go?
Yes! Put the sediment and carbon in and run (5-10 min), then connect the membrane and run (30 min to an hour depending on the instructions), and then you can connect the DI and run as usual.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the sediment and carbon in and run (5-10 min), then add the membrane and run (30 min to an hour depending on the instructions), and then you can connect the DI and run as usual.
*Or, you can leave everything connected and just fill the housings as you go.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back