RODI Issue with Apartment

  • Thread starter Thread starter AirIck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AirIck

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
129
Reaction score
21
Location
Tampa Bay
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved to a new apartment. My current BRS RODI unit no longer fits on the faucets in my apartment. My apartment now has the beaded hose style, so none of the fittings work. I am obviously not allowed to mess with any plumbing/cutting of pipes etc. Is there any advice on what I can do to try to get my RODI to fit on my faucet or am I going to be stuck with now buying RODI water and pre mix salt from an LFS? Also, my I am not very handy, so the easier the better! Any advice/tips?
 
I would imagine a Tee in the plumbing that feeds the sink wouldn’t be too big of a hassle? But I could be mistaken.

Also, what about the sink in the bathroom?
 
I recently moved to a new apartment. My current BRS RODI unit no longer fits on the faucets in my apartment. My apartment now has the beaded hose style, so none of the fittings work. I am obviously not allowed to mess with any plumbing/cutting of pipes etc. Is there any advice on what I can do to try to get my RODI to fit on my faucet or am I going to be stuck with now buying RODI water and pre mix salt from an LFS? Also, my I am not very handy, so the easier the better! Any advice/tips?
Do you have a laundry room
 
Do you have a laundry room
I would imagine a Tee in the plumbing that feeds the sink wouldn’t be too big of a hassle? But I could be mistaken.

Also, what about the sink in the bathroom?
The bathroom fixture is worse. The entire fixture would need replaced as it’s a different style entirely
 
I run mine under the sink with a Tee like this one.
 

Attachments

  • Tee.JPG
    Tee.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 101

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new