RODI overflow into sump

eelman07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
657
Location
auburn GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was running rodi into my sump starting late last night and left it on until early this morning :crying-face:. Sometime this morning the sump was overflowing and spilled into the floor of my stand, flipping the breaker. So I woke up this morning and got the power back up and turned back on my power heads to create more water agitation, and thankfully everything survived! I don’t have the return pump on actively as the salinity is 1.020 in the main tank and 1.015 in the sump. Then because of the high water levels my skimmers cup overflowed and spilled all the gunk into the sump, so after testing ammonia main tank is 0 and sump is 0.25. I did a %50 water change in the sump to raise the salinity and lower ammonia now I am slowly raising the salinity in the display back to 1.025 where it was before all this. Anything I am missing that needs to be done?
 
Sounds like it's under control
Thumbs Ok GIF by David Shrigley
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new