RODI Question

cadugauch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am about to reorder my filters and membrane but wanted to make sure my system is correct.

Since i have little space under my kitchen sink, i have been using this portable RODI from PureWaterClub for over 2 years. I have been replacing all filters every 3 months (some) and membrane every 8-9 months (starts to smell FISHY). I always have TDS 0 out to tank/drinking water...and now it got to 10 so time to change. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! The good thing about this system is that i can add/remove/replace position of all components.

9316406784_77dfa5f156_b.jpg

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be better off placing both carbon blocks before the RO membrane.

Unless its not a full 10" carbon filter

OP
OP
cadugauch

cadugauch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think the problem is that i never flush my membrane...i didn't really know i had to do that...i am ordering a new set of filters and a flush kit...hopefully that will solve the problem

Planedoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chlorine will destroy your membrane. That is why most system use two carbon filters before membrane. After the first DI filter you have pure water. Placing a carbon filter after a di filter has no useful purpose. The point of running two di filters is to maximize the life of your di resin. Put new resin in last filter and move the old last filter to first position and throw way resin from first filter at every resin change.
You did not specify but it's best to measure TDS after membrane and after di to better understand what is going on.

Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

Buckeye Field Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small inline GAC filters are not a good fit in this configuration - they are not intended to be used as prefilters for high capacity membranes. As mentioned above, if you have two of them, put them both after the sediment filter and before the membrane. Is your tank pressurized or unpressurized?Why have you been replacing your membrane so often?Make sure your di cartridges are oriented vertically.As you're seeing although the mini systems are inexpensive to buy upfront, the cost of ownership over time is high.Russ

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back