RODI question

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I remove the carbon block filter from my RODI if I am on a well? If it's job is to remove chlorine it seems like it would work better without it. Or does it also remove other chemicals?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the carbon removes a lot of stuff . May I ask why you want to not use it?

OP
OP
westmichigan

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the carbon removes a lot of stuff . May I ask why you want to not use it?
I was just reading the manual again. It stated that the carbon block was for removal of chlorine. I don't have chlorine so if I can gain some efficiency that would be a win. I just don't know enough to say that the filter is designed to remove only chlorine and has a minimal impact on anything else. Or if it is works to remove organics (possibly metals, silicia?). I am not an expert on water. Just seeing if anyone else happens to have some knowledge on the subject.

fishyguy7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The carbon block will absorb other chemicals besides chlorine. What are you hoping to accomplish by removing it ??

OP
OP
westmichigan

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
high quality carbon filters, like the ones from spectrapure remove more than just chlorine.
That was what I thought. Just wanted to eliminate it if it wasn't helping. They stated it was for chlorine in the manual.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back