RODI supply for 240g tank in a family house with no fish room

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Right now I have 75g and 25g sump and I am using my kitchen's under the sink RODI. I have a brute can in my storage room and I fill 5g bucket once 2 days and pour it to can. And it is working kind of ok for me. Filling this 5g bucket takes some time.

I am thinking about upgrading to 240g DT plus yet unknown volume of sump and I cannot imagine working with current RODI system. Filling 30g can of RODI takes me around a week by filling a bucket once a while and this is fine with my wife for occupying a kitchen for a while. And for the 75g, if I forgot to fill a bucket once a while there is no drama since I only need around 10g once a week. But for a 240g I will need around 30g of fresh RODI which is my "normal" limit and I need to remember to fill the bucket.

So to make life little bit easier I can think of 2 solutions:
1) garage storage installation but my garage gets cold in winter and warm in the summer (North Carolina). The other problem is I have no idea how to setup RODI in the garage. I have a main water valve there so I think I can somehow hook there but I don't know where to put a waste line.
2) BRS sells a pump to boost RODI flow. But they say "it should work" and it depends on current implementation. So no guarantee it will boost and I don't know how much more water I may have.

Any thoughts?

bpro32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone with a rolling RO/DI where they had a small 'wall' with their RO/DI mounted and a large brute trashcan on wheels. When they needed to make water, they rolled it out to the sink, filled up overnight, then rolled it back into a closet.

OP
OP
lost66

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on the wheels too but it won't fill in only 1 night. I have a good flow for first gallons since it is from the storage tank. I have Apec Essence roes-50.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • NO

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back