RODI system question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m tired of driving a hr one way to get RODI and saltwater thinking of getting a system and salt and mixing my own. Would this system be a ok one for now I can’t afford much.
IMG_5417.JPG

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be a nice deal if you’re on a budget. Keep in mind that at best it’s only going to make about two gallons an hour and you’ll probably have 6-8 gph waste. But it does beat driving back and forth to the LFS

FactoryKTMmotocross46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could weigh the cost of buying distilled water gallons from grocery store, I use them for mixing batches of ca, alk, and mg. I also used to fill my 5g jugs at walmart, they had a water station that was carbon, RO and uv treated. I think it was 27 cents a gallon and I never had any issues but it would probably be safer to get distilled.

Last edited:

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one of these a few weeks ago and am so glad I did. My trip to the grocery store (DistilleD) was only 5 minutes, I don't know how I Could do an hour...

The only thing with that unit is that I had to add a number of valves and tees, it doesn't come with any valves except the flow regulator. I've made about 50 gallons so far and the DI resin bed is about 20% used up as far as I can tell. I relaly don't know how much waste water I have (getting about 35-40 PSI from tap) but I know I get about 1 gallon RODI per 40 minutes. 60 bucks is a deal imo

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back