RODI system

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to get feedback, which RODI brand that is reliable, durable and have good quality. Looking to install this in my house. I only need about 20-25 gallon of RODI per wk, but getting tired of going to LFS with the white container buying water. Plan to install 25 gallon water container.
Looking for unit that can automate with float valve and auto flush, inline TDS meter.
Seeing BRS, and Spectrapure are common brand out there.

Thanks for the feedback.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know in my opinion if that was my cake I would buy and I are over system that meets your needs multiplied by 10. I am speaking from experience because I am now wanting to add on to my existing system for breeding. The tanks are a lot smaller and thereforep the water get

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very happy with the BRS RODI system I have. Their site, instructions & videos help explain everything easily. I bought a 4 stage originally, then went to 6 stage later on (1 sediment, 2 carbon, 1 RO, 2 DI) and added a booster pump as well. Looks like they have a sale going on now, but I'm sure others will as well since we are around Black Friday.
You should call your water company to ask if they use chloramines. I didn't do that originally and it's why I switched to 6 stage later.

Also I did plan on automating it and have some of the parts, but haven't needed to since I moved to a new house and have RODI fed into a 32g brute. It lasts quite a while so it's not really a pain to turn it on and set the over timer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back