RODI TDS high

theclownshow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
11
Location
oregon wi
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an RIDI system off Amazon. The TDS going in is around 240. When I installed it I flushed the filters without RO or DI per the instructions. I put the RO filter in and ran for about a half hour then installed the DI filter. I ran for about a half hour and the best I can do it 13 TDS. Any ideas?

I am thinking it could be a pressure problem. The presssure coming in is 40 which is on the low end of what it is supposed to be at.

20260611_162747_C15FC8C6-7D0B-4F54-9705-17448A59067E.png
 
I would be pretty suspect of the filter media in any import units like this. I cannot say if that is really what it is though.

A booster pump certainly is a good idea to get the pressure up to 60-65. The RO membrane will work more efficiently.
 
Can you Measure the tds after the membrane and before the di?

A Good Di alone can drop 240 ppm tds to zero, though it will deplete fast.
 
Can you Measure the tds after the membrane and before the di?

A Good Di alone can drop 240 ppm tds to zero, though it will deplete fast.
Actually I think with just the RO filter in it was running lower at 4-5 tds and went up to 14 when I added the DI
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new