Rodi unit selection UK

Danjoc92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a 52L 13.5G nano tank and am looking to buy my first RODI unit to stop weekly runs to the LFS. There are so many online to choose from. Is there anything specific I need? I don’t need a huge output for such a small tank but I’d like it to be as good as I can get filtration wise. Any help would be much appreciated. I’m in the U.K.
thanks!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
359A690C-4D78-43FB-9DB5-2E05B3EA5CA6.jpeg
I bought this one does the job for me . I think it was around the 50 pounds mark but the more money you are willing to spend you can get 5 and 6 stage and so on . Think this was on Amazon or eBay hope this helps a little

OP
OP
D

Danjoc92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this one does the job for me . I think it was around the 50 pounds mark but the more money you are willing to spend you can get 5 and 6 stage and so on . Think this was on Amazon or eBay hope this helps a little
Ah perfect thanks! I was looking at these. But wasn’t sure as similar ones are £100s and from what I see in the specs there’s next to no difference.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah perfect thanks! I was looking at these. But wasn’t sure as similar ones are £100s and from what I see in the specs there’s next to no difference.
I can only give you my experience with this one
First cartridge is for sediment . Second one membrane.3 carbon cartridge. 4 Resin cartridge this going from right to left looking at the photo and you could add more onto it if needed

nano_medina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

That looks like a good peace of equipment. I live in an apartment limited on space. Basically the whole kitchen sink area is dedicated to kitchen stuff and I honestly don't see myself installing it fixed to the pipes (like drilling it)

So is it possible to hook this guy to the tap water faucet? If should I just like open the tap water and that's it, will water start filtering?

Trying to avoid plumbing and drilling as much as possible as I'm renting

OP
OP
D

Danjoc92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

That looks like a good peace of equipment. I live in an apartment limited on space. Basically the whole kitchen sink area is dedicated to kitchen stuff and I honestly don't see myself installing it fixed to the pipes (like drilling it)

So is it possible to hook this guy to the tap water faucet? If should I just like open the tap water and that's it, will water start filtering?

Hey I’ve had the same issue. What I got was a 1/2 inch to 1/2 inch connector. I unscrew the shower head connect that side and on the other I’ve attached a 1/4 inch nozzle to fit the R.O tubing. Don’t quote me on the sizes but I’m sure they’re right.

OP
OP
D

Danjoc92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Hey I’ve had the same issue. What I got was a 1/2 inch to 1/2 inch connector. I unscrew the shower head connect that side and on the other I’ve attached a 1/4 inch nozzle to fit the R.O tubing. Don’t quote me on the sizes but I’m sure they’re right.

nano_medina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, you absolute legend! Thanks a lot for replying and elaborate

By any chance, you have a link of the shop or amazon product?

Or maybe just the product name complete. Considering it was a success for you I'd just go ahead with that

I understand the brand is FINERFILTERS right?

OP
OP
D

Danjoc92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Amazon app and can’t find out how to share the link so I’ve screen shot for you. I got the unit with a pump because the water pressure is terrible here. But these are the two connection bits I’ve got.

Attachments

• IMG_5079.png
    IMG_5079.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5078.png
    IMG_5078.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5077.png
    IMG_5077.png
    419.7 KB · Views: 22

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back