RODI Waste Reduction Query

  • Thread starter Thread starter PharmrJohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2019
Messages
4,843
Reaction score
11,648
Location
Shelton, Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, knowing that there is waste water generated with an RODI set-up, is there a way to take that waste water and repressurize it for another go-around? Seems like I saw, somewhere, that this is a possibility. I'm just looking to minimize wastage.
 
The issue quickly becomes the cost if further treatment exceeding the cost of the waste.

I built a fairly sophisticated zero waste system for the sake of doing so. I don't even use it to be honest.
 
The issue quickly becomes the cost if further treatment exceeding the cost of the waste.

I built a fairly sophisticated zero waste system for the sake of doing so. I don't even use it to be honest.
And that is a great point, and I'd considered that. I'd have to reconcile the two and see if it's even worth it.
 
Are you using a double membranes? That will reduce your waste.
I'm not using anything at the moment. My tank doesn't go up until next Summer. I'm just thinking ahead and planning everything out. But I'll keep that in mind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new