RODI

Chad Sepulvado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the RO buddy for a little over a year, and it’s fine. Small and easy to move so my wife doesn’t get aggravated. My problem is that my city had a few cases of brain eating amoeba, and has started to gas out tap water with chlorine. One rodi cartridge literally only makes 20 gallons. Is there another filter stage that I can add to help keep my di resin working longer? A $20 cartridge for 20 gallons is not where it at.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the RO buddy for a little over a year, and it’s fine. Small and easy to move so my wife doesn’t get aggravated. My problem is that my city had a few cases of brain eating amoeba, and has started to gas out tap water with chlorine. One rodi cartridge literally only makes 20 gallons. Is there another filter stage that I can add to help keep my di resin working longer? A $20 cartridge for 20 gallons is not where it at.
I added additional prefilters (sediment and carbon block) before the RO Buddie. I also refill my cartridges myself which cuts down on the cost of the DI resin considerably. My tapwater is 350+ TDS, so I had a similar situation to yours.

OP
OP
C

Chad Sepulvado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added additional prefilters (sediment and carbon block) before the RO Buddie. I also refill my cartridges myself which cuts down on the cost of the DI resin considerably. My tapwater is 350+ TDS, so I had a similar situation to yours.
Get that stuff on BRS?

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it online. I get the DI resin off of Amazon (still the Aquatic Life brand) and the pre-filters from premierh20.com.

I had the housing from before, so I just reloaded the filter housings and plumbed them in front of the RO Buddie.

DaR333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had issue with the RO smart buddie. 300cc flow restrictor would clog and foul my membrane. Put a 8800 Aquatec and never looked back!

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you may need better or additional carbon filter before the ro membrane.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back