Roger - Tunze 6040 wiring comong apart??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger,

I bought this 6040 in February, 2018 and didn't install it until late April, 2018. I've not touched its since it was originally installed.

Today, I noticed is was not working. The control was a bit hot to the touch. I removed the pump and noticed the plastic cable coating going into the pump was cracked and the wiring was exposed. The pump will not power up

I certainly hope this is a warranty issue, as I did nothing to cause this issue

Here is photo of the faulty wiring:

IMG_0117 (1).jpg

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me a copy of the receipt? It is a warranty issue, please note I leave for MACNA tomorrow AM, if I don't hear from you today, it could be a couple days before I can get a replacement out. Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Roger, Bulk Reef Supply sent you an email with the receipt and copied me on it, you should have it in your email.

Joe Carlino

Last edited:

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TUNZE has the best customer service I have ever seen when it comes to their products. Roger is a class act and will make things right if it a warranty issue.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger is sending out a replacement today. Tunze is a great company!

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear because I may have an issue with a 6105 that is like 6 months old..
If it is under warranty and nothing damaged by you are anyone else then I am sure he will take care of you..
805, my old surfing grounds. I grew up surfing Jalama and El Cap, I certainly miss the waves but can do without the cold water..:D

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is under warranty and nothing damaged by you are anyone else then I am sure he will take care of you..
805, my old surfing grounds. I grew up surfing Jalama and El Cap, I certainly miss the waves but can do without the cold water..:D
Thanks it’s a minor issue right now at least. Sometimes I have to press the feed mode button like ten times for it to engage. And nice. I’m from silver strand. It’s about to turn on..

nattyclapp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me a copy of the receipt? It is a warranty issue, please note I leave for MACNA tomorrow AM, if I don't hear from you today, it could be a couple days before I can get a replacement out. Tunze at sbcglobal dot net
Hi Roger, hope you’re well, it’s been years. Sorry to poach this thread but I have the EXACT same problem. So similar I don’t even have to post a photo. Would greatly appreciate a reply. Many thanks!!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can you email me a copy of the receipt and a photo? Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back