Roller for the Innovative Marine RFS 22

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@chrisriker:

1) Got my Reefmat 250 in, I notice it seems to be ok over the chamber where you have it, it doesn't fully lock on to the edge though, right?... it stills seems level and ok...

2) ended up buying a new 1" gate valve, gray elbows/unions etc to remake both the Main & E drain piping, the gate valve will fit fine right under the overflow behind the tank.. and I want to direct the E-drain into the middle chamber so I will hear it if the valve needs adjustment or if there is another issue with the main line..

3) you ended up cutting the top bar off of this wall I see?

1701372649558.png

My concern is, and i'm not sure if you share the same concern too with the setup:.. without the piping being attached to a sump anymore, are you concerned about stressing the overflow box at all? (maybe I will call IM...)

On another note/idea:

I have designed & 3d printed 5 or 6 different equipment mounts (apex / ecotech drivers, ink bird, mighty jet mount/etc...) that lock in with those IM t-slot tension locks (I bought extra and didn't use the shelf at all)

I was thinking about making a pipe holder/clamping mechanism that is mounted with the T-slot cams... but I don't know it would really secure and ease the weight on the overflow. or maybe I will just use soft pipe connected via barbs to the gate valve, but not sure how much less weight that would be :)

Last edited:

chrisriker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is sitting totally flush on the outside edge. Personally, not concerned about the overflow box. They sell this tank without the RFS sump, so presumably the plumbing not being attached to anything but the overflow was factored into the production. If you reach out to them, let me know what they say.

I had to cut that top bar off otherwise the ReefMat was kinda squished in there and bowed the outside edge of the sump out. The ReefMat tapers down at the bottom so cutting that bar off was all I needed to let it drop in freely without putting pressure on any of the side walls.

Tracdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a SKIL saw, which didn't actually end up being all that useful, a dremel and a lot of persistence, I got the first 2 baffles cut out. I ordered the sump modification kit, but after messing with it for a bit, I'm pretty sure these 2 baffles at least are not siliconed in, but rather solvent welded in. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but it will do the job. For now I'll keep the top of the sump intact and use this little spot for some rubble and such for copepods to use. Working on the plumbing layout now.
What dremel bits did you use to cut this?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back