Roller matt triggering my ato

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed the fleece on my roller matt, and its triggering my ato by dropping the water level in… any solution have the red sea ato, roller matt 1200

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to adjust the float sensor on ato to the sweet spot for the filter roller. Its a common issue that requires tinkering.
Those Rollermats should come with a trigger warning.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Rollermats should come with a trigger warning.
What do you mean trigger warning? I just seen it roll. And it literally added water above the ato sensor. And when it fills back up, it drops the water level on my ato sensor. Its honesty super annoying my salinity going to be messed up

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean trigger warning? I just seen it roll. And it literally added water above the ato sensor. And when it fills back up, it drops the water level on my ato sensor. Its honesty super annoying my salinity going to be messed up
Can you post a picture of the process so we can see what is happening as the process cycles the water level(s).

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the process so we can see what is happening as the process cycles the water level(s).
I rolled 20 inches in like an hour My water is so dirty. Becaaue i havent been running the roller matt for a while

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to adjust the float sensor on ato to the sweet spot for the filter roller. Its a common issue that requires tinkering.
Its rolling like crazy i have it at 0.6 advanced settings and its rolling every few minutes.

would it stop? Or whst do i do? I like minimal difference at 0.6 it makes to the sump. But i dont want to go through a whole roller? I just ran a roller matt my system been running for a month with heavy feeding with nothing to build my nutrients up

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be overly concerned about the effect this will have on your salinity. You would need the amount of water added to be a gallon or more depending on the size of your tank for you to notice it. It all evens out over time. It's not like you are removing salt from your tank, nor are you changing the amount of water that's in the system on average. That's the whole purpose of the ato.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be overly concerned about the effect this will have on your salinity. You would need the amount of water added to be a gallon or more depending on the size of your tank for you to notice it. It all evens out over time. It's not like you are removing salt from your tank, nor are you changing the amount of water that's in the system on average. That's the whole purpose of the ato.
Okay got u. Btw my roller matt rolling a lot at 0.6 like literally went through 24 inches in 2 hours. Is that because my tank is dirty

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a lot to me. The mat should look obviously dirty. What brand? I don't know what .6 setting refers to. You may need to research that device. Perhaps they have some guidance on their website.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back