Rollie Pollie macro...

saltwaternewb

Team Nikon
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
12
Location
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to get the hang of the new macro and since I don't have any corals yet, I can only post non-aquarium photos. Here is a rollie pollie that I found under a rock the other day that I took a few shots of for fun and practice.

rolliepolliemacro2.jpg
 
im so busting out the the macro and the closeup filter, and the extention tubes later, and im going find me an ant. If i can get one to stand still long enough, might be a really cool shot....now if only i could find a carpenter ant...WAY FAR AWAY FROM MY HOUSE=)
 
Cool, ant pics would be neat. What extension tubes do you use? I was thinking of getting some before I bought the macro lens but I still might get some to use with the lens. I need to get the hang of it first though.
 
nah, buy the macro first. All the extention tubes do is allow you get closer to the subject. Not all lenses work with them either. When the time comes, and you want to get them though, just make sure you get the ones with computer connections on them. they should cost around 100 bucks and up. the really cheap ones wont have the computer connection, and then your light meter will not function. This you dont want to deal with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new