View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5439.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG
IMG_5437.JPG
IMG_5446.JPG

Plumbing in the sump is complete with the exception on 1 additional ball valve for my drain line. I'm happy with the results as long as nothing leaks...

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build Is coming along nicely!!! Looks great, the fill and drain is brilliant!

OP
OP
kswan

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5461.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG

Today I completed the mixing station plumbing. The upper tank is for RO/DI storage and an ATO reservoir. It then drains into the lower tank for mixing. The bottom tank is set forward to allow easy access while minimizing the footprint. Water can be circulated in the lower tank for mixing. From there it is pumped to the display. I ran a full test today including pumping up to the display and siphoning back down to the drain. It is set up to allow water changes from the display or sump. Next step will be the RO/DI installation. I purchased a 4 stage water saver plus from BRS.

679x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be setting up my own Red Sea Reefer soon so I'm following this to check out how yours is going! This will also be my first saltwater tank.

OP
OP
kswan

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be setting up my own Red Sea Reefer soon so I'm following this to check out how yours is going! This will also be my first saltwater tank.
Sounds fun. Have you selected a size? Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

679x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds fun. Have you selected a size? Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
I'm probably going with the 350. I'm not getting it for a month or two though.

And thanks! I'll probably have some questions (I've already asked a bunch on this forum) but I don't want to bother you with 'em. :)

OP
OP
kswan

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5484.JPG
Finally made a little more progress today and got the RO/DI system mounted. It's been slow with all the other spring projects that need attention. I'll be ordering my dry rock, carbon reactor, heaters and a few other parts to get the rock curing soon.

OP
OP
kswan

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5486.JPG

This is 80 lbs of Pukani from BRS. The 2 pieces on the right are 30 lbs of the large 18" + size. The rest is 50 lbs of the standard.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back