Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

Dsumpter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefers,
So I have a curious question. I was in one of our LFS yesterday just to browse and about a 3 or 4 inch rose bubble tip anemone caught my eye. The wife really wants an anemone for our 2 clowns. Well, we both do plus we really like the asthetics of the bubble tips. Anyways the guy will sell him to me for an amazing price but, I know,there is always a "but." But i am a little reluctant because he told me that the anemone had only been in his tank for around 20 minutes at the time I saw it. He said he had gotten it from a customer that was breaking down their tank. It had crashed and they lost all their fish and the anemone was the only organism in the tank that survived. He wasn't sure what had happened with it but he took it from them anyway and dropped it in one of his tanks in the store. My question is, would it be safe to purchase this specimen or no. I have no way to quarantine it, the only quarantine tank I have has copper in it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could maybe ask your LFS to quarantine it for you in one of their tanks. Like you could buy it, leave it in one of their tanks and then come check on it every day or so to make sure its doing alright.

OP
OP
D

Dsumpter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could maybe ask your LFS to quarantine it for you in one of their tanks. Like you could buy it, leave it in one of their tanks and then come check on it every day or so to make sure its doing alright.
Thats actually not a bad idea. However, when I say LFS, its sort of a broad term. Lol where we live there is only 1 FS and he doesn't carry anything salt water. So I have 2 good ones that I deal with about 35 miles to the north and then the 1 I was in yesterday that is 45 miles to the east. I am down there every Friday for work and I don't know them very well I have only been in there a few times. But its worth an ask. You can't build a report without communication.

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might give them a call and see if you can set something up with them. If they say yes, then you are set, if they can’t or don’t want to hold it then move on til you find the right one. Good luck

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back