Rose bubble tip fading

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the anemone forum but need more help. Here is the original post:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rbta-suddenly-not-doing-so-well.334143/#post-4179713

I got the rbta end of July. It's been just under a crevice--a sort of cave but faces out toward the back of the tank, up high, just not on top where it gets plenty of flow and light. It has taken food nearly every day--usually shrimp since I got it. I tried krill--refused it. I tried muscle--not thrilled so didn't offer again. It refused it the second time. Got it from the frozen food area.

During October, not sure quite when, toward beginning I think, it has gotten smaller, whiter. The tentacles, what there are are --stubs--are still pink, at least some,. It's also not coming out any more as it used to. It would be out, facing back so I could feed it. Not sure if it got some sort of bacteria? Or what has caused it's sudden change from healthy to on verge of dying

There is no change to the tank beyond regular maintenance.
Tank is a RS Max c250 AIO going on 11 months.
Am and nitrite 0--don't test often as they are always at 0
Nitrates holding at 20 and phos between 1-2 PH is 8.2
Alk between 8-9
Standard salinity at 1.025
Ca 400, mg 1200. This dropped when I got a doser, and then I realized the end of the air hose flipped up. Adding extra to bring it up
Weekly water changes as a rule.

2 chromis, 1 scooter blenny, 2 new mandarins. Corals doing outstanding except a couple from my last new batches. Some not happy from qt. Pulled them out and into tank and most are now really happy. Might still lose a couple more. Newest 3 coral from 2 weeks ago doing fantastically. Snails breeding like the end of the world is coming.

My one thought was to take the rock it is in and put it into the coral qt tank which I abandoned. It is cycled, and just needs to be cleaned and organized. It has sand and rock. I have an Led light for the tank. If I put it there (turn rock upside down so it is facing upward) I can maybe control the environment and even feed it?

It needs something unless it is pretty much too late for it.

any thoughts? pics of when I got it, a couple weeks ago and today. Hard to get a good shot as it is under rock now.
20170729_231128_resized.jpg
20171030_183820.jpg
20171110_183007.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to point a powerhead at it?

I have cheap ones hoarded.

Reread it. Yea. If it's easy to get out. Pull the rock and into qt. Get some light on it.
And yea you'll have to be on nem watch in case it walks. Powerheads.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have netting that I cover all powerheads at all times if there is a nem in the tank. It's real stretchy "thread spool" netting to keep threads from coming loose. The nem does get lots of flow where it is as it pulses in time to the flow normally and even would come out to get into more flow. Is pointing the powernhead to get it to move?

I'll move it to the qt this weekend. I have 2 power heads in the 10 gal so can give lots of flow in the tank though might just see how one goes.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that's a weird scene. I honestly don't know why it would do that.

Back