Rossmont wavemakers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I got an ad telling me to check out the rossmont wavemakers on your site. They look interesting but I was wondering the benefits of them vs the other major brands. To be honest they look like korallias with a controller. Just wondering the differences as I had never even heard of them until 2 minutes ago

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A/C controllable with a stand alone internet based control-ability. To me cost to feature ratio. I pulled the trigger a bought a set and controller after a lot of looking and research.
I even contacted Rossmount about placement in my 90corner I'm setting up. I was very impressed with their response and help. I will be posting about once that display is up and going.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

The biggest draw for me with these pumps was definitely the control. Rather than standard AC pumps with ON/OFF functionality, I can now get a pump that has a path to upgrade when I'm ready. So, if I can only get a Mover or two now, when I finally pull the trigger on the Waver I unlock a whole range of functions that are nearly as comparable to the bigger names like Tunze or VorTech at a lower cost. :) For me, on a good/better/best scale these are definitely in the better category!

-Randy

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A/C controllable with a stand alone internet based control-ability. To me cost to feature ratio. I pulled the trigger a bought a set and controller after a lot of looking and research.
I even contacted Rossmount about placement in my 90corner I'm setting up. I was very impressed with their response and help. I will be posting about once that display is up and going.

Thanks, that makes sense and makes hem much more tempting.....

OP
OP
Mystical_Knight

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

The biggest draw for me with these pumps was definitely the control. Rather than standard AC pumps with ON/OFF functionality, I can now get a pump that has a path to upgrade when I'm ready. So, if I can only get a Mover or two now, when I finally pull the trigger on the Waver I unlock a whole range of functions that are nearly as comparable to the bigger names like Tunze or VorTech at a lower cost. :) For me, on a good/better/best scale these are definitely in the better category!

-Randy

Thanks for the response randy, definitely cleared it up for me

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came down to abilities and form factor for me. I have a 90gal corner tank. I previously ran 2 mp40's loved the control and form but had issues with their ability to "aim" flow, as having to be mounted flat to the glass. The Rossmounts gave me a new option & a simple internet interface.
Check in with BRS A+ in my book & as I said Rossmount was great too. Awesome combo all around for me! (maybe biased BRS is a local MN place for me)

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't buy them the controller is the worst thing i have ever seen. No support and BRS is almost useless in trying to fix the problem they just want to give your money back ASAP instead of trying to find a solution for a product that could have the potential of being something .

A-A-ron11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 movers controlled by a waver and I haven't had any issues in the 6 or 7 months I've had them. It was relatively easy to program and the few times I've cycled the power for one reason or another, it always starts back with the correct program running. My only gripe is that communication is a little slow when logging into the waver. Not sure if that is unique to me but once I'm logged in, there are no problems on speed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back