Rotary Drum Filter for a Reef Tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter roibenami
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Why is everything you do boiled down to observation and works threads? It is a freaking mechanical filter Brandon, let’s not complicate it.
 
= a jumbo tetra biowheel. I remember seeing an article on that. that tank it's connected to looks like all reef tanks though, if that filter was never in place: the tank would be the same.

I know of a tetra biowheel tank that ran for 20 years as well, at the Wayland Plainview texas biology department under prof Hoyt Bowers. it ran a lungfish setup for that long. In the end I bet there are lots of 20 year old aerobic filter setups that ran aquariums.

nowadays we can see the use of that hardware in reefing isn't the majority. the hobby found even more creative ways of removing particulate waste vs pumping it into a drum.
 
Not the one I have seen, though I do remember that filtration unit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new