Rotate Doser heads 180 degrees?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dopey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Received my Doser 2.1 ! (Unfortunately just assumed it came with silicon tubing, so now have to go buy some before installing :X)

I have maybe a dumb question -- Been searching 'GHL Doser Mounting' threads and it seems 99% of them seem to just sit them on a shelve as they come :)

IMG_20200603_151516.jpg

Is it ok (And possible) to flip the doser heads 180 degrees -- Basically the same orientation as if you placed the Doser 'upside' down :)

I'd like to place this on a shelve, but not have it 'hang over the edge', so instead of worrying about pinching of cables.. if I could have the lines from the doser head pointed 'up' this be allot easier to plumb?

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking at the picture it don't look like they would mount upside down. being a peristaltic pump they would still function properly. you could maybe get some rubber pads and flip the whole unit upside down.

OP
OP
dopey

dopey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After even more digging.. I found the original thread that made me think I could do this -- but it was a different brand than GHL doser ;)

Without taking mine apart.. judging from breakdown pics I found online, I don't see how this could work either.

Ended up mounting it the ''normal' way, hoses hanging over edge of the shelve. Just hope the cat doesn't find them and decide it's play time..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back