Rough week, closed due to weather

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2012
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
1,618
Location
Buda, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Please be aware that Tuesday a winter storm settled in, I was fairly dismissive as it was supposed to hover between 32-34 and just drop a couple inches of sleet, well, it ended being a major disaster, we have had 6+" of snow sleet and ice with temps between 28-33 the end result is trees and power lines falling over left and right, it literally sounded like a warzone but the booms and impacts and pops were trees breaking and falling over for miles in the distance. We are in the office today, but I am only working by cell phone in total darkness, we cannot ship as I cannot print labels, we are told power will be fully restored by 6pm Friday so worst case, I expect Monday to be back to normal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new