Round 2 with velvet

So, is this 2.0? That's what I'm trying to achieve, right?
9407e410d3716014e40ff2df01330753.jpg
It sure looks to be around 2.0-4.0. Some (now including myself) move the vial about 1/2" above the card.
 
Well, I'm petty sure I'll not be needing the chloroquine phosphate. My eel decided to leave his tank. I found him mostly dried up behind the stand this morning when I got home from work. I put him back in the tank because I heard they can live a while out of water but I ding have much hope... [emoji22]
abb765c604e88137de13bf6184e3494d.jpg
 
Me too but it is not looking good. That guy was the reason I have a saltwater tank. Im just, discouraged. Time to get some sleep.

If you can get some methelyne blue, doing a bath could help him heal a bit. get a good tight lid for that tank if he recovers.
 
Sorry for your loss. Hope all goes well with the tang!
 
Last edited:
Sorry for your loss :(
 
Four months in the DT and never a problem trying to escape. It just slipped my mind that he wasn't happy in that 10g and he'd take the jump. He didn't even have velvet, just the possibility of spreading it. Well, I can't fathom having a reef without an eel so after my fallow period I'll look for another one.

The tang is fine, he's a bit pale but I don't see anymore velvet and he's eating. He comes out every now and then but mostly he hangs out under the HOB. Clowns are doing fine, they swim around the most of the 4. The six line hides in the PVC cave most of the time, but I saw him pop out for a second then go back in. 28 more days then I add carbon to the HOB and wait for the 6 weeks on the DT.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new