Rox .08 Carbon Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Jedi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef Jedi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,122
Reaction score
5,050
Location
Erie, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you run your rox .08 carbon before changing it out?

I’m running a mini reactor with just less than a cup of carbon. I have mixed reviews reading online of changing it in a week or a month.

Thank you 🙏
 
I've always changed in with my wc which is every two weeks.
Timmy!

I haven’t done a W/C since Feb 19th lol but the tank hasn’t needed one. But I bet I should soon lol
 
2 weeks for me
jedi funny animal GIF
 
I have 3 4’’ filter socks that I have 3D printed caddy’s for.

I have a small pouch of GFO in each, and a medium pouch of Carbon in each.

Everytime I remember to do a filter floss change (twice a week or so) I change 1/3 bags for carbon. I used to do GFO at same interval but don’t need to anymore.
 
So I’d imagine each compartment gets changed every 10-12 days but this way I get more cycling of fresh carbon. I think it’s effect is short lived tbh
 
Just ordered a gallon from BRS. Thanks for the reminder
kittens GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new