Royal gamma acting weird

bluesea26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

My royal gamma has been acting weird. She’s usually out and about at the bottom of the tank but recently she has been laying at the bottom up against the wall barely moving. I also noticed some odd white fuzz at the end of her fin. Don’t know what to do!

36A3C8F2-CC67-40C4-9C1A-F87197251D3A.jpeg B6CC95C8-762D-4022-86ED-0C7C3F2AA3B1.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the top of the disease forum there's a sticky with questions that will help in diagnosis. Try to read through and provide some of the information asked for. White light pics and a short video will be very helpful also.

OP
OP
bluesea26

bluesea26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the top of the disease forum there's a sticky with questions that will help in diagnosis. Try to read through and provide some of the information asked for. White light pics and a short video will be very helpful also.
I took a look and it looks like Lymphocystis.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I took a look and it looks like Lymphocystis.
At first I thought lympho but leaning towards flukes which often gets to these fish, If flukes, gills will be red or swollen with rapid breathing, fish acting lethargic or swimming near the water surface, hiding in the corner of tank or behind rocks, loss of appetite, shaking its head, flashing/darting, develop clamped fins, , or scratching against objects. They may also exhibit what looks like yawning from gill irritation develop, cloudy eyes and loss of color .
If you dont see this- Good.
You can also try a 5 minute freshwater dip in water the same temperature as display tank and return fish to display tank. This not only offers temporary relief but you can then check the bottom of that container for what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales. If you see that - Flukes it is.

For lympho, generally improving water quality and diet will allow this virus tto clear up

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back