Royal Gramma Aggressive after adding Clown

Chortanator

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
564
Reaction score
432
Location
Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've had a small asexual clown for about a month, so I decided to add another today. They're both nipping at each other a little, which I expect until they assert dominance, but it seems like the royal gramma is joining in too and nipping both of them. Should I be worried?

 
What's the size of your tank and are these the only 3 fish? (sorry, can't view the video on my iPad)
55 gallons, I also have 3 pj cardinals that the gramma doesn't bother. It seems to just be territorial of that one spot so the clowns have learned to stay away
 
55 gallons, I also have 3 pj cardinals that the gramma doesn't bother. It seems to just be territorial of that one spot so the clowns have learned to stay away
They can be funny sometimes with their territorial "claims". Mine has marked a gyre as his and spends his evenings sleeping there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new