Royal gramma sick or hurt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richard K
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Richard K

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2023
Messages
78
Reaction score
10
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what’s wrong with my royal gramma. It’s been like this for a day and it looks like my blue tang is going after it but I’m not sure. It just sits here on the rock all day in trying to hide in a small cave. Help please! image.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 74751636978__5A0434E7-263E-4D02-8D59-0EEA6325B6B3.MOV
    1.3 MB
I don’t know what’s wrong with my royal gramma. It’s been like this for a day and it looks like my blue tang is going after it but I’m not sure. It just sits here on the rock all day in trying to hide in a small cave. Help please! image.jpg

The royal gramma is moribund, actively dying. You may not be able to save it. I can see missing scales and some tail fin damage, so there is some tankmate aggression involved here. However, I can't tell you if the aggression was the primary problem, or if the gramma had a health problem that then caused other fish to attack it. The gramma seems to have glassy eyes that can be a sign of flukes.
 
Looks like a pretty small tank for a blue tang, aggression can unfortunately be expected.
 
Last edited:
How long have you had the royal gramma & blue tang? Were either of them just recently added?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new