Royal gremma

JFleur

View Badges
Reaction score
This is what its been doing the last 3 days in the qt... i just got it Thursday, im not even sure if its eaten because its been in that corner since i put it in the tank.. is this normal behavior?

15661800189996117737219858775126.jpg

Derek siskey

View Badges
Reaction score
We bought one last Saturday and did the same thing and on Tuesday it didn’t make it

DarrenCar

View Badges
Reaction score
I just picked up my Royal Gramma yesterday and after a short period of time swimming around it found a corner under my cleaning magnet. It is hiding just like yours. I am guessing the stress from the move and new environment will make them hide for a period of time. Best of luck with yours.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Grammas hide in the beginning. It’s a little hard to tell but it kind of looks like the back of your qt is black. If so it will likely swim and hide along the back of the qt because that will seem closest to a rock wall to the gramma.

As long as it eats it should be fine. Try turning off the pumps to feed, it may swim around more when the flow is cut

PatW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Royal grammas are quite common on reefs. I scuba dive. They just about always hug coral heads and then usually near ledges and under them. They like being close to cover. You might think of tossing in a few pieces of pipe for hiding places.

OP
J

JFleur

View Badges
Reaction score
Royal grammas are quite common on reefs. I scuba dive. They just about always hug coral heads and then usually near ledges and under them. They like being close to cover. You might think of tossing in a few pieces of pipe for hiding places.
There is a few pieces of pipe, it just rather hang in the corner

Have you ever been accused of talking to much about your tank?

• Yes (tell us about it)

Votes: 159 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 140 46.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Mistress Corals