Royal sea squirt/Polycarpa Aurata

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lyss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
1,797
Location
New York City
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wanting a tunicate for a while and am thinking of finally getting one — polycarpa aurata. I’ve read this one is on the easier side to keep vs others.

However, in searching I came across a post on another forum saying that when sea squirts die they release nasty chemicals in the tank like cucumbers do. I had never heard that before and am wondering if anyone can verify or debunk it...

948D3F38-BFBC-4AE6-A830-386D88B44EA0.jpeg
 
Anyone have info about keeping this particular type of tunicate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new