RP-M Need help understanding a few things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok need some help understanding the controller.
I know how to set the function
But and hopefully I'm not just being dumb lol
The Fre is ? Then you get the >< arrows like mine is at 75> what does that mean? How long it goes thru the program? 75 seconds 75 minutes ? And do the arrows just mean count up and count down? Then
FL = flow that means how hard it pushes the water right ? 01 to 20 obviously 20 being the hardest.
Also in night mode how much does it reduce the flow?
Only asking because it seems to just be the same speed all the time.
Only judging this by how the corals are moving and the water movement on the top surface.
Thanks !

20210206_130223.jpg

Nateaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In mode F4 or F5, the power of flow or FL on the controller does not matter what it is on. It runs a preset pattern, see manual for the pattern. You can change the frequency of how fast it cycles through the program displayed as FRE: Now for the > sign, mean greater then number goes up when you press Frequency buttom, example 0 to 100. For < means less then, numbers will go from 100 to 0. Will let you know which way the number will cycle.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok need some help understanding the controller.
I know how to set the function
But and hopefully I'm not just being dumb lol
The Fre is ? Then you get the >< arrows like mine is at 75> what does that mean? How long it goes thru the program? 75 seconds 75 minutes ? And do the arrows just mean count up and count down? Then
FL = flow that means how hard it pushes the water right ? 01 to 20 obviously 20 being the hardest.
Also in night mode how much does it reduce the flow?
Only asking because it seems to just be the same speed all the time.
Only judging this by how the corals are moving and the water movement on the top surface.
Thanks !

20210206_130223.jpg
The > after the number means each button press (FREQ/Reverse) will increase frequency. < means it will decrease. Press and hold the button to toggle < or >. Higher number = longer pulse

Correct, Flow is 1 thru 20 with 20 being 100% and 1 about 15% power.

Flow and Frequency do not affect modes 4 and 5. Frequency does not affect modes 1 and 7.

L:ON means your night mode is on. Might want to toggle that off by pressing and holding MODE/NIGHT

I just leave my pumps in mode F4, it's a nice randomized flow pattern and it's set and forget.

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thank you and the previous poster also.
Really like the powerhead
Also have your lights ! Can't wait for the app coming out.
Thanks again

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does night mode turn off the pump ? What does it do ?
Night mode works like this- when the light sensor detects light, the pump works like normal. When it gets dark, the pump goes into mode 1 at flow 1 of 20. I recommend having the controller under direct light if you want the pump to run normally if you use this mode. If it's in the aquarium stand, it will be too dark and go night mode all the time.

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya thats the issue with it being in the stand. Can you set the timer for at night say 10pm to 6am to do mode 1 at say speed 2 then 6am to 10pm be in mode 4 or 5

Reefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders I have your

Reef Power RP-25 DC WaveMaker​

powerhead and need a dc power plug adapter. I only need the side that plugs into the wall. The display side is good but the plug side has a short. Can you please sell me the side I need or send me a link with a compatible ac adapter power supply that will work with your powerhead? TIA

Last edited:

Nateaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look on the back side of the plug, the side that plugs into the wall. Most will tell you what they output, example 12 volts dc @ 5Amps. It will be in small type.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The > after the number means each button press (FREQ/Reverse) will increase frequency. < means it will decrease. Press and hold the button to toggle < or >. Higher number = longer pulse

Correct, Flow is 1 thru 20 with 20 being 100% and 1 about 15% power.

Flow and Frequency do not affect modes 4 and 5. Frequency does not affect modes 1 and 7.

L:ON means your night mode is on. Might want to toggle that off by pressing and holding MODE/NIGHT

I just leave my pumps in mode F4, it's a nice randomized flow pattern and it's set and forget.

Hello

Is the rp m discontinued? Noticed on the brs website, or is brs just not carrying it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back